The ReStore accepts donations from contractors, retailers, manufacturers, liquidators, hotels, organizations and people just like you! Your donations are the base for raising funds for affordable home building and critical care repair for our neighbors here in the Greater Lowell area.
There are two ways to donate!
1. Donate items. Our accepted donations are of new and gently used building materials, appliances, furniture and home goods (some exceptions apply – you can view these below). We even offer free pickup of your items. Call the ReStore at 978-251-9975 to arrange a pickup.
2. Monetary Donations. Monetary Donations are always welcome to help us to continue building and repairing homes in our community. Make a donation today.
You can learn more about how you can donate by clicking here to view our “Donate This” video!
Do you have an item you’d like to donate? You have two options!
1. Drop Off:
Donations are accepted Tuesday through Saturday, 10:30am to 3:30 pm. NO Sunday donations accepted.
Bring your acceptable items to the ReStore Donation Center located at:
100 Chelmsford Road, (Rte 129), No Billerica (in the back)
Please note… due to liability we ask that you please do not leave unattended items at donation gate or outside of ReCycle That boxes after hours. Items left cannot be sold and therefore increase our trash removal costs.
2. Free Donation Pick Up:
For pickup of larger items or liquidations, please call or email to schedule. We presently pick up in the Greater Lowell area on Tuesday through Saturday. To save time we suggest a photograph of your donation be forwarded to ReStore@lowellhabitat.org. In doing this it gives us an opportunity to view and evaluate items such as kitchen cabinets or furniture before scheduling a pickup.
Did you know?
- Habitat ReStore has diverted 1900 tons of usable building material, furniture and appliances from landfills each year! … help support being ‘Green’.
- Further your donations in the ReCycle That Bin is located at the ReStore.
- Worn & torn clothing can be donated. If it cannot be re-worn or repurposed, it will be ground into fiber and may become insulation, upholstery stuffing or carpet padding. This accounts for 20% of all textile donations.
- Donate your old Car/RV/Boat… to Habitat’s Cars for Homes program. Each donation helps your local Habitat office build and repair more homes in your community. Donate to Cars for Homes today.
How else can you help us?
Recycled To Date
Thanks to you and countless others, Recycle That and its affiliates have recycled to date, nearly 230 million pounds of used and unwanted textiles and household goods. Recycle That is a for profit offering community organization an easy, no cost and no risk way to encourage recycling and raise awareness of the community organization.
Recycle That will pay Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell for used and unwanted clothing, shoes, backpacks, fashion accessories, books and CDs/DVDs deposited in their collection boxes.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell is seeking new collection box host sites. By placing a box at your location and participating in the Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell donation program, your business benefits in a number of ways. To learn more about how your business can help read more at: Recycle That Donation Box Host Benefits
In addition to relieving our already-crowded landfills of approximately 700 pounds of textiles, one full collection box supports Habitat by enabling the purchase equivalent of:
- 10 – 2×4 studs 3-4 sheets dry wall
- 1 bundle of shingles 1-2 rolls fiberglass insulation
- 5 lb box of drywall screws 2,500 framing nails for nail gun
To host a Recycle That collection box at your location contact Matt Libby at 978-726-3834. Please tell him you are affiliated with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell.